Monday, February 13, 2006

Random thoughts on the way to 'Potty'sburgh

Editor's Note : All times are expressed in IST

2.00 am: There was this one week in Bombay that I had pani-puri each day until I thought I was sick of it. But here I am drooling over the pani-puri shown in the in-flight movie 'Pyaar mein Twist' that Air India is so kind to show us. The movie, I must add is a little less entertaining than the clouds I see outside the window as we fly over what I earlier thought was Iceland but now am definitely sure is Greenland.

2.10 am: Maybe it is Iceland after all. Clouds have this unique ability of appearing more interesting than watching pot-bellied Rishi Kapoor flirt with not-so-pot-bellied Dimple Kapadia. Boohoo.

2.20 am: Iceland can't be so big, can it? Heck we've been flying above it for over an hour now and all I can see is mountains and snow and clouds.
Definitely Greenland.

2.30 am: Still have my headphones on. Am listening to Farida Jalal giving relationship gyaan to Rishi Kapoor and Dimple Kapadia (help!) but am looking at all the lovely designs the nice little Greenland people have made for us in the snow for those of us bored in the aircraft.

2.55 am: 'Khullam Khulla Pyaar Karenge Hum' croons Rishi Kapoor.

3.05 am: Movie stopped mid-way. US Immigration film is more important.
<rejoice>
Still flying over Greenland though.


3.20 am: Will be landing in another 40 minutes (?). Were flying over Canada all this while.

2 Comments:

Blogger Psychohistorian said...

I notice all times mentioned are in IST. One more kooshun is why flights fly oer Canada while they bes goin oer US from India. I thot Canada could be avoided no.

February 13, 2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger Psychohistorian said...

Oh fuck!!!! please disregard last comment... i forgots to read editors note :">

February 14, 2006 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home